Questions & Answers
Click a question to see the answer:
Who is the Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Foundation? What is the mission of the CSOD Foundation? What is talent management? Why is strategic talent management critical to the success of nonprofit organizations? What is the relationship between the CSOD Foundation and Cornerstone OnDemand? What programs and services does the CSOD Foundation offer nonprofit organizations? Does the CSOD Foundation focus its resources and efforts in specific areas? How can you support the CSOD Foundation?
Who is the Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Foundation?
We’re a 501(c)(3) organization that was established in 2010 by the talent management software leader, Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD). However, we’re not a typical grant-making institution. Rather, we support and strengthen the nonprofit sector by providing our talent management software and our capacity building programs and services to organizations domestically and abroad.
What is the mission of the CSOD Foundation?
Our mission is simple: to transform the way people help people. We do this by providing CSOD’s talent management technology, the Foundation’s capacity building programs, and the support of our entire ecosystem to nonprofits around the world in order to help them develop, engage, and empower their employees and the people they serve.
What is talent management?
Talent management is a set of organizational processes designed to recruit, retain, develop, and motivate an organization’s people. Talent management is central to creating a workforce that can meet the current and future needs of an organization.
Why is strategic talent management critical to the success of nonprofit organizations?
High-performing organizations understand that people drive the organization’s mission-critical programs and services. Therefore it’s important that nonprofit organizations have the appropriate strategies, programs, and processes in place to ensure that the right people are in the right jobs with the right skills. To this end, organizations must dedicate sufficient resources to fully develop their workforce and build a robust talent pipeline to help them successfully deliver on their missions and achieve their goals.
What is the relationship between the CSOD Foundation and Cornerstone OnDemand?
Adam Miller, founder and CEO of Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD), established the CSOD Foundation in 2010 and serves as the chair of the CSOD Foundation’s board of directors.
As a 501(c)(3) organization, the CSOD Foundation fundraises to support the ongoing sustainability and expansion of its signature programs. Cornerstone OnDemand is one of the Foundation’s many corporate sponsors and provides significant funding to underwrite the CSOD Foundation’s operations. Additionally, the Foundation leverages the company’s technology and the expertise of its employees, partners, and clients to maximize its impact in the nonprofit sector.
What programs and services does the CSOD Foundation offer nonprofit organizations?
To increase the impact and effectiveness of nonprofit organizations, the CSOD Foundation offers the following signature programs and initiatives:
- Open Online Learning Initiatives: DisasterReady.org, NonprofitReady.org, and TeachingReady.org provide cutting-edge professional development resources to anyone, anywhere in the world, at no cost.
- Technology Grants: The Talent Management Grant and Impact Grant programs offer selected nonprofits a donation of Cornerstone’s software and services with significant discounts in future years.
- Pro Bono Consulting: Through the HR Pro Bono Corps, the Foundation connects nonprofit leaders with HR professionals to solve their most pressing talent management challenges.
Does the CSOD Foundation focus its resources and efforts in specific areas?
The majority of the Foundation’s programs and services are available to the entire nonprofit sector. However, in order to maximize impact and effectively leverage limited resources, the CSOD Foundation donates its talent management products to nonprofit organizations that fall within the following three areas: education, workforce development, disaster relief.
How can you support the CSOD Foundation?
There are many ways that you can get involved with the CSOD Foundation and support its mission:
- Volunteer with the HR Pro Bono Corps: Are you a talent management expert? Lend your time and your HR expertise to support nonprofits in need of coaching or project-based consulting in the areas of Performance Management, Learning Management, and/or Succession Management.
- Recommend a Nonprofit: Do you know a nonprofit organization that could benefit from our capacity building programs and services? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see how we can help.
- Collaborate with us: Are you interested in strengthening the capacity of the nonprofit sector and helping us expand the reach of the CSOD Foundation’s signature programs and services? The CSOD Foundation welcomes the opportunity to partner with donors and foundations whose interests and objectives are aligned with ours. To discuss opportunities for collaboration, please contact us at email@example.com.